Hamden Celebrates Donald Hall Photos by David K. Leff

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

From Lois Stuber Spitzer

How special it is for you to celebrate Donald Hall's birthday. I wish I lived near enough to Hamden to attend some of the events.   Our Mothers were friends at Bates College and corresponded for years. I have been in touch with Donald by letter and he has been able to answer. Among other things I told him that I had read " Ox cart Man" to my grandchildren ( Ages 5 and 8 ) very recently and they were pleased with the way that it really didn't end!!

Blogmaster's note: Thanks to Ms. Spitzer's recent generous donation, the Hamden Public Library has been able to purchase several of Mr. Hall's out-of-print books that were not previously in our collection. Thank you, Lois.

No comments:

Post a Comment